Hilltop castles and green energy, beer halls and luxury cars, Alps and edgy art – southern Germany blends thigh-slapping tradition with clear-headed modernity like nowhere else on earth. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice. Lonely Planet’s Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore Munich’s famous art and beer scene, tour hilltop castles in the fairy tale Black Forest and wind your way along the Romantic Road – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest and begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Curator: Marc Di Duca
- Writers: Kerry Christiani