This edition is an update of Central America on a Shoestring into the new guidebook format. The content continues to include budget guidance as well as other recommendations so that this guide to Central America is perfect for all travellers. With cerulean seas and verdant forests, magnificent Maya ruins and smoking volcanoes, Central America is like a tropical fairy tale – except all of it is real. Lonely Planet is your passport to Central America, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice. Hike the glorious lakeshore trails of Lago de Atitlán, Guatemala, explore the big blue of Belize’s Caye Caulker, or explore Maya temples at Copán, Honduras; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Central America and begin your journey now!
|Authors||Ashley Harrell, Isabel Albiston, Ray Bartlett, Celeste Brash, Paul Clammer, Steve Fallon, Bridget Gleeson, Paul Harding, John Hecht, Anna Kaminski, Brian Kluepfel, Tom Masters, Carolyn McCarthy, Regis St Louis|
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trou-ble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - Central America To-day, History, People & Society, Arts & Culture
- Coverage includes: Mexico’s Yucatán & Chiapas, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and more