The Creaky Knees Guide Arizona is a hiking guidebook filled with kinder, gentler trails. Created for anyone who--regardless of age--can't or doesn't want to hike great distances over rough terrain to gain beautiful vistas and enjoy the wilderness. Here are 80 of the best easy-to-walk hikes throughout the state. Most are day hikes, but there are a handful of backpack trips worthy of the Creaky Knees stamp of approval. Trails are divided into regions: Grand Canyon, Northeast Plateaus, San Francisco Peaks Area, Mogollon Rim Country, Central Highlands, White Mountains, Phoenix Area, Tucson Area, Southern Mountains, and Western Deserts.
|Date Published||September 18, 2012|
|Dimensions||0.6 x 5.5 x 8.4 in|
Treasure Chest Publications
- Author: Bruce Grubbs
- In addition to a full-trip description, each hike includes:
- Elevation gains, including a topographical map.
- Clear, up-to-date driving directions.
- Mileage and estimated hiking time, trail conditions, effort level, best season, map references, exploring options, access, permits required, and where to find more information.
- Further directions to offshoot hikes, if you reach the end of the hike, but want to extend your workout.