GTA - Improved Military Style UTM/MGRS Coordinate Scale
Available to ship now
Free Store Pick-Up
At any of our Tucson locations
This tool is an improved version of the Graphic Training Aid 5-2-12 Coordinate Scale and Protractor used by United States and NATO military forces around the world. By using a slot on one side of the tool for access to the map, the tool can be more compact than the traditional GTA tool. The tool features several additional map scales, including 1:24,000, which is the most common topographic map scale found within the United States. The 1:100,000 scale now spans 5km grid lines, making it much more usable. Plus, the overall dimensions of the tool have been reduced so that it is the size of a music CD, easily fitting into a pocket or any slot where you could store a CD. The inner protractor is marked in degrees and the outer protractor is in mils. Bands of white ink are printed under the two compass roses. This makes reading the compass rose easier and also keeps the tool from "disappearing" when you place it on the map.
|Dimensions||4.75 x 4.75 in / 121 x 121 mm|
- The tool is printed on plastic stock about the thickness and stiffness of a credit card, with a protective coating. It's 33% thicker than the standard military issue version, so it's less likely to be bent or broken when you need to use it.
- Rounded corners keep it from wearing holes in your pockets.
- Includes 1:24,000 scale for USGS 7.5 minute topographic maps.
- Larger 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 scale rulers for maps with wider grid spacing.
- It's the size of a music CD, so it tucks away in more storage spaces.
- 1:10,000 x 500m
- 1:24,000 x 1km
- 1:25,000 x 1km
- 1:50,000 x 2km
- 1:100,000 x 5km†
- 1:250,000 x 10km†
- 1:500,000 x 20km†
- This scale can be used by multiplying or dividing one of the scales printed on the tool by 10.
- For example, a 1:100,000 x 10km tool can be used as a 1:10,000 x 1km tool by dividing the scale and grid distance by 10, and as a 1:1,000,000 x 100km tool by multiplying the scale and grid distance by 10.