National Geographic's Old Faithful Day Hikes trail map is a two-sided, waterproof topographic map designed specifically for day hiking around Yellowstone's famous geyser basin. The map features 9 suggested day hikes with a brief description of each, distance and level of difficulty. A detailed inset map on the reverse illustrates 5 hikes within a short distance of Old Faithful lodge and geyser.
In addition to the easy-to-read trail maps, the reverse contains photos and useful information on local history, geology, wildlife, plus important information on regulations and safety.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries and wildlife refuges - Hundreds of points-of-interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches and canoe carry downs, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation
- Detailed road network
- Useful travel information on parks and key trails
- Important safety information and tips
- Information about local organizations and land management agencies