National Geographic's Old Faithful Day Hikes trail map is a two-sided, waterproof map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in conjunction with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information.
The front side of the Old Faithful Day Hikes trail map reveals a map of Yellowstone Park spanning from the Firehole River down to Spring Creek. Along the river, the map details day trails from Fairy Fall Trails at 200 feet high; to Fountain Paint Pot Trail with its geysers and hot springs; to Black Sand and Biscuit Basin Trails in the Upper Geyser Basin. At the center of the map is an inset of the Upper Geyser Basin, which is home to the well-known Old Faithful geyser.
The reverse side of the map provides content for travelers with descriptions highlighting the history of Yellowstone National Park, its geology, bear country, suggested hiking trails, weather, lodging, and camping, along with reservation information. The map also features important travel and safety tips, regulations to help maintain its preservation and showcases photographs of magnificent wild areas. Trails Illustrated maps are expertly researched and frequently updated.
- Yellowstone National Park
- Suggested hikes and trail descriptions, photographs, detailed upper geyser basin inset
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking with mileages
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries and labeled terrain features
- Numerous natural and manmade points-of-interest
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
- Detailed road network
- Useful travel information on parks and key trails
- Important safety information and tips
- Information about local organizations and land management agencies