The Petzl VERSO is a simplified version of the REVERSO³ offering a lighter and more compact option for climbers looking to further reduce the weight/size of their rack of gear. The asymmetrical V-shaped grooved friction channels adapt the friction for better control using our ARC (Adaptive Rope Control) technology.
- Ultralight design is hot-forged and is 31% lighter than the Reverso
- ARC technology adapts to the diameter of rope used by increasing or decreasing the braking friction on the rope according to its diameter and conditions
- Increased friction on thinner ropes
- Adapted friction for efficiency with larger diameter ropes
- Asymmetrical grooved sidewalls decrease friction when taking in slack for greater ease of use
- Super compact design is easy to use and doesn't take up much space on your rack
- Rope friendly design separates the two strands of rope when belaying with half/twin ropes or while rappelling thus helping to prevents kinks
- Stiff keeper cable will not get sucked into the device, helps maintain the optimal position during use, and aids in preventing loss during transitions
- Usage diagram engraved on device for ease of use
- Use with symmetrical shaped locking carabiners (Am'D or OK) to maximize efficiency no matter which end is closest to the device.
- Single device for all ropes:
- single ropes = 8.9 mm
- half ropes = 8 mm
- twin ropes = 7.5 mm