Put away those bulky books and monster manuals! For a generation, the Basic Essentials series has been as much a part of the outdoors experience as backpacks and hiking boots. Information packed tools for the novice or handy references for the veteran, these volumes distill years of knowledge into affordable and portable books. Whether you're planning a trip or thumbing for facts in the field, Basic Essentials books tell you what you need to know.
- Pick the best GPS receiver for your specific needs
- Read and pregrid topographic maps
- Identify waypoints with various coordinate systems
- Use GPS to navigate on land and water
- Create your own maps with GPS software
- Author: Bruce Grubbs
|Dimensions||6 x 9 in