Lonely Planet Texas is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Feast on BBQ brisket, meet real-live cowboys at the state fair, root for the home team at a college football game and visit (so you'll always remember) the Alamo; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Texas and begin your journey now!
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, music, politics, Texas BBQ and cuisine, football, wildlife and more.
- Over 40 color maps
- Useful features - including Texas Outdoors, Travel with Children, Eat Like a Local, and Month by Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Austin, San Antonio, the Hill Country, Route 66, Dallas, Houston, the Gulf Coast, Big Bend National Park, and more
|Date Published||February 1, 2014
|Dimensions||5.1 x 7.7 x 1.2 in