Quarter-inch sticks, snow seat belays and half-cheek bivy ledges – sometimes you just have to make do. When conditions dictate the need for bomber, waterproof/breathable and windproof big-mountain alpine climbing protection, Patagonia's Super Alpines prove durable, dry and mobile. They feature 3-layer nylon new generation GORE-TEX® Pro fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, a tough nylon outer and a distinct micro-grid interior that optimizes breathability. The well articulated, low-bib design has stretchy, adjustable hook-and-loop suspenders to maximize mobility. Watertight, fully separating side-zips allow easy on/off with boots and also form a drop seat; two zippered pockets sit on the thighs; trim, watertight zippers throughout feature cleanly designed openings without excess weight and bulk. The ski-boot-compatible lower legs have full-cuff scuff guards, internal gaiters, shock-cord adjustments and tie-down loops.
- A light, 40-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric delivers the same trusted levels of uncompromised, durable waterproofness and a wide range of breathability
- Low bib design with hook-and-loop adjustable suspenders that stretch to prevent pants from riding up
- Two-way, full-length separating side zips and suspenders’ snap-tab closure create drop-seat configuration
- Two thigh pockets with Slim Zips reduce bulk and weight
- Articulated patterning in seat and knees reduces bulk and enhances mobility
- External scuff guard made from ultra durable 210-denier 100% nylon fabric protects against crampons and ski edges
- Alpine- and ski-boot-compatible double-cuff has side zip, adjustable external cuffs, internal gripper elastic cuffs and tie-down loops
|Material||Shell: 3-layer, 3.7-oz 40-denier 100% nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® Pro fabric.
|Scuff Guard: 2-layer, 6.8-oz 210-denier 100% nylon with a PU-coating.
|Weight||572 g (20.2 oz)