Today's smartphones provide a level of social connection far beyond what we imagined just a few years ago. But when you go beyond the reach of the grid, your smartphone needs the help of SPOT Connect to keep you in touch with friends, family, and emergency personnel. Simply pair your smartphone with SPOT Connect, and get connected to a global satellite network that lets you send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet. Update Twitter and Facebook. Send email and text messages. Request non-emergency help from professional service providers. And in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance.
- Activate the SOS mode to begin sending your GPS location to the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC). Add a custom message to update responders of your condition. The IERCC alerts the appropriate agencies worldwide – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe.
- Use the Help mode to send either custom Type & Send or Predefined messages to recipients in your contact list for non-life threatening assistance.
- Use Check-in/OK mode to send your messages and your location to friends and family. These messages can also be simultaneously sent to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventures account.
- Start/stop tracking at any time using the SPOT Connect App. (Additional service required). You can also mark a Reference Point or send Check-in/OK messages from specific locations while in Track Progress mode.
- Use SPOT Connect to send custom email and text messages via satellites to your contacts. Create up to 41 character SOS, Help and Check-in/OK messages. Messages will be sent directly to the contact groups you select via email or SMS. You can even post custom messages on Twitter and Facebook. If you encounter problems, you can send custom SOS messages describing your situation, with your GPS position included.
- Don't lose the connection to your social networks when you venture off the cellular grid. SPOT Connect with the basic service package enables you to send Predefined messages to your favorite social destinations. The Type & Send function allows you to create short custom messages in the field, which you can send to social destinations or specific contacts via email or text message.
- Send messages from virtually anywhere via satellite
- Type & Send message (41 character) or Predefined message (120 character) options*
- Track Progress on Google Maps™ or SPOT Adventures page*
- Integrates with SPOTadventures.com and popular social destinations
- Smartphone app for operation and detailed status
- On device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
- Additional charges apply for Type & Send and Track Progress service plans.
- Made for iPod touch® (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPhone® 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G*
- GPS accuracy: 32.8 ft (10 m) location accuracy
- Commercial satellites (LEO): 1610-1620 MHz L-band frequency
- Visibility: 1 to 4 at any one time
- More satellites for SOS detection than anyone for faster signal detection.