Preferred by birders, the second edition is completely revised with more than 600 new paintings and 111 rare species added, new information on habitat and behavior, and more tips on finding species in the field.
- All illustrations reproduced 15 to 20 percent larger for better detail.
- Includes nearly 7,000 paintings digitally remastered from original art for enhanced print quality.
- Expanded text includes habitat information and voice description for every species and more tips on finding birds in the field.
- More than 600 new paintings, including illustrations of 111 rare species and additional paintings of common species and regional populations.
- More than 700 updated maps of ranges, showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges.
- 85 bird family pages now cross-referenced to species accounts.
- Revised taxonomic order and most current common names for every species.
|Publisher||Knopf (March 11, 2014)
|Dimensions||9.5L x 5.9W x 1.6H in
|Length||624 pages (Flexibound)