A 42-liter internal frame canyoneering-specific pack, the Shinumo, is the High Priestess of Imlay's line, offering excellent comfort in addition to canyon compatibility like no other. Big enough for long day-canyons carrying too much stuff, or for lightweight overnights.
The Shinumo is the women's version of our Heaps pack, built for smaller, curvier bodies. The pack body is 2" shorter, then made wider and deeper to reclaim the volume lost to shortening. And then a little more - the Shinumo is a bit more voluminous than the Heaps (though how much is a bit hard to say). The shape of the body makes it easier to pack.
The suspension has been re-engineered to fit women, especially smaller women. The hipbelt is shorter and curvier. The shoulder straps are narrower (than previous Imlay packs) and shorter, and set a bit closer together. (For 2016, all Imlay pack shoulder straps were re-shaped to fit women better).
Imlay Hybrid Packs feature perforated PVC-laminate fabric on the highest abrasion areas - the bottom and the bottom of the sides. The three pleated outside pockets have been enlarged, and built a little different to drain better, yet offer more space.
- NEW for 2016 - designed to fit women and small men.
- Insta-Drain design: mesh sides and bottom vents allow water to drain instantly.
- Worthy suspension: well padded, with a dual aluminum-stay Tube-Light frame design and nicely shaped hipbelt.
- Pockets, but not zippers: three body pockets are pleated and close with a strap and buckle, rather than the easily destroyed zippers.
- Zippered Lid: clips off easily to stow in your drybag.
- Tri-Fold Bivy Pad: 1/4 inch pad fits in the back providing a comfy carry and a bit of flotation - and unfolds to offer minimal comfort in unplanned bivies.
- Water Tank compatible.
|Weight||1700 grams or 3 lb 12 oz