Mountain Hardwear: Trango 3.1
Out of Stock
Sorry but we are currently out of stock on this item. Feel free to call us at 1-800-499-8696 and we can try to find you an alternative item.
Caption: Main Photo
Caption: Side Plan
Caption: Floor Plan
Caption: Evolution Tension Arch™
Caption: Tent with fly
The winter mountaineering standard for over a decade, Mountain Hardwear's Trango tents are extremely refined shelters for two, three, or four people. Trango tents excel in the toughest conditions. Poled vestibule offers additional room front and rear. Guaranteed watertight construction. Superlight option: pitch with fly and Pitch Light footprint to shave pounds. Footprint sold separately.
Until Mountain Hardwear patented the Tension Arch, there were only two ways to add strength to a tent: a stronger frame or heavier fabric. Both add significant weight. The tension arch provides a third way. The secret is a high-tech fabric previously used only in spacecraft and competitive sailing. Stiff but lightweight, the fabric multiples the load-bearing capability of the poles over a wider surface area. Strengthened by the ribbing, the wall fabric can stay super-lightweight
- Industry leading DAC Featherlight™ NSL poles.
- Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped
- fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and
- welded guy clip anchors. Rain room tested with
- 1200" of rain in 24 hours.
- Proprietary Evolution Tension Arch™ stabilizes tent
- using fewer poles.
- Two dry entry vestibules.
- Two dual canopy and mesh doors.
- Pitch Light™ configuration allows user to set up a
- super light shelter using only the tent fly, poles and
- footprint (sold separately)
|Minimum weight:||10 lb 10 oz|
|Packaged Weight:||11 lb 8 oz|
|# of People:||3|
|Floor Area:||48 sq ft / 4.5 sq m|
|Vestibule Area:||18 sq ft + 5 sq ft / 1.7 sq m + 0.6 sq m|
|Peak Height:||48 in|
|Stuff Size:||24 X 9 in|
|Pitchlight Weight:||7 lbs 15 oz / 3.59 kg|
|Number of vestibules:||2|