Spot Inc.: Spot Satellite Messenger
Out of Stock
Sorry but we are currently out of stock on this item. Feel free to call us at 1-800-499-8696 and we can try to find you an alternative item.
Whether you’re just checking in, allowing others to track your progress, or calling for help – SPOT gives you a vital line of communication with friends and family when you want it, and emergency assistance when and where you need it. And since it utilizes 100% satellite technology, SPOT works around the world – even where cell phones don’t.
- Received Backpacker Magazine's Editor's Choice Award for 2008
- SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of North America, Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa and Northeastern Asia, and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these areas
- Alert 9-1-1 – Alerts emergency responders to your exact location; SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes until power is depleted or 911 is cancelled
- Ask for Help – Request help from friends and family in your exact location; SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes for one hour or until Help is cancelled
- Check In – Let contacts know where you are and that you’re okay; SPOT sends three identical messages to the SPOT service for redundancy; the first of those three messages is delivered
- Track Progress – Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google Maps; SPOT sends one message every 10 minutes for 24 hours or until SPOT is powered off
- Waterproof to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- Floats in water
- Includes 2 AA 1.5V lithium batteries
- Under normal usage the battery charge should meet of exceed the following: Power on, unused: ~1 year SPOTcasting tracking mode: ~14 days 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days SPOTcheck OK: 1900 messages
|Dimensions:||4.38 x 2.75 x 1.5 in|