Sea to Summit: Specialist Duo
Regular Price: $499.00
Sale Price: $374.25
- Qualifies for free shipping.
The Specialist Duo from Sea to Summit is the next step of evolution for two-person shelters. When every ounce counts, the Specialist Duo can be erected with natural anchors and a pair of trekking poles, or you can utilize the super-light 7075 alloy pegs and poles included. Two doors keep you from tripping over your partner, while the vestibules keep the inside from getting too cluttered. Get the comfort of a tent, without all the weight.
The floor / vestibule fabric of the Specialists is rated at 1200mm hydrostatic head. The canopy fabric is rated at 1000mm. This is sufficiently waterproof for light to steady rain. However, if your intended usage will take you into areas where you expect very heavy/wind-driven rain, it will be necessary to pitch a Specialist in a sheltered spot (utilizing trees or other natural cover). If the ground on which you are pitching a Specialist shelter is saturated, use of the Groundsheet is recommended to prevent moisture entry through the floor.
The silver canopy fabric of the Specialists is Pertex Endurance fabric and the breathability is rated at an MVTR of 7000ml/m²/24h. Providing there is a sufficient temperature and moisture gradient (ie providing the outside air is cooler and drier than the inside air by an adequate margin), very little condensation should form on the inside of the canopy. In humid conditions, where the moisture gradient is insufficient, or in cold conditions where moisture vapor will condense on contact with the canopy, some condensation is to be expected. Ensuring good cross-flow ventilation will help in this case. If your intended usage takes you into areas where you expect significant humidity, a single-skin shelter is not the best choice.
The floor fabric of the Specialists should be used on sandy or grassy surfaces and snow where damage to the floor fabric is unlikely. However, on rocky surfaces, or where sharp objects such as pine cones or roots are present, the optional Groundsheet is recommended to prevent damage to the floor.
- **Due to local laws this product cannot be shipped to: California, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, and Canada
- Two doors and vestibules help maximize floor space inside
- Includes set of 2 poles and 6 pegs made from 7075 alloy for the best strength-to-weight ratio
- Shelter can also be erected with a pair of trekking poles and natural anchors, making it perfect for ounce-saving enthusiasts, achieving a minimum packed weight of 1 lb 6 oz
- Shell is made from Pertex® Endurance, a 20 denier ultra-lightweight waterproof breathable nylon fabric in conjunction with a 15 denier waterproof nylon for the walls, vestibules, and the floor
- Seam sealed throughout, the Specialist Duo offers superior waterproofness while also maintaining breathability to manage condensation effectively
- Ultra-fine mesh panel doors keep insects away and allow for maximum ventilation
|Number of People:||2|
|Number of Doors:||2|
|Total Weight:||1 lb 13 oz|
|Minimum Weight:||1 lb 6 oz|
|Floor Area:||23 sq ft|
|Number of vestibules:||2|
|Vestibule Area:||8.2 sq ft|