Partners/ West Book Dist., Inc: One Small Square Desert Cactus
Out of Stock
Sorry but we are currently out of stock on this item. Feel free to call us at 1-800-499-8696 and we can try to find you an alternative item.
It’s a sun-scorched world where clouds rarely come and nothing seems to move. That is, until children ages 6 - 9 up look a little closer to find tortoises, toads, and lizards, not to mention the scary rattlesnake and scorpion. Here, plants send their roots deep into the earth to find water, beetles stand on their head and shoot a stinky spray to fight off enemies, and roadrunners whiz by sleepy turtles and nervous desert mice on their way to ... where? Kids need only light clothes and a few simple pieces of equipment to explore the enchantments of cactus country.
- Authors: Donald Silver; Patricia Wynne
- Stunning full-color illustrations of each habitat and its creatures
- Motivating experiments and activities, along with clear, diagrammed instructions and safety tips
- A picture field guide to the habitat
- A glossary-index and resource list
|Reading Level:||Ages 6 and up|
|Date Published:||September 1, 1997|
|Dimensions:||8.9 x 0.1 x 9 in|