Metolius: Master Cam
Our Price: $59.95
- Qualifies for free shipping.
With the most versatile offering of cams on the planet, Ultralight Power Cams, TCUs, Offsets, Fat Cams and Supercams, why add a single-stem cam to our line? The reason is that there is an infinite number of variables in the climbing environment: hard rock, soft rock, parallel cracks, flared cracks, etc . . . Each individual cam style excels at a certain set of variables. The Fat Cam’s wide lobes greatly improve protection in soft rock while the TCU’s narrow head widths greatly enhance placement versatility. The biggest advantages of the single-stem unit are: they will fit into certain placements better than the U-shaped body and the flexible, single cable reduces leverage to minimize walking in certain placements. We set out to make the finest single-stem unit we possibly could and the Master Cam is the result.
- A flexible, single stem unit with an ultra-narrow head width for hard aid or free climbing
- Molded thumb piece
- 13 mm Monster slings webbing (36% Dyneema/64% nylon)
- Ranger Finder tells you at a glance if you've chosen the right size cam for the placement.
- Greater Holding Power
- Optimized cam angle for more outward force
- Machined cam stops
- Color-coded sewn slings and tubing
- CNC machined for much greater precision than stamped or extruded cams
- 7075 T-6 aluminum
- CE/UIAA certified