The Mountaineers Books: Gym Climbing: Maximizing Your Indoor Experience
Out of Stock
Sorry but we are currently out of stock on this item. Feel free to call us at 1-800-499-8696 and we can try to find you an alternative item.
Gym climbing has evolved into a sport in its own right and Matt Burbach has been there to spur it on. He established, developed, and directed the Indoor Climbing School of Earth Treks Climbing Center in Maryland, the largest climbing gym on the east coast. Now he presents the same techniques and training exercises honed by coaching hundreds of climbers. Burbach covers all aspects of indoor rock climbing in detail, including what to look for in a gym, analysis of equipment and how it works, proper top rope systems management and movement technique. More advanced indoor climbers will appreciate chapters on topics such as indoor leading, performance, competition climbing, and bouldering. For outdoor rock climbers now training in gyms, this guide aids the Reverse transition from climbing on real rock to pulling on plastic. Throughout, Burbach not only demonstrates the proper techniques and skills, but goes one step further to explain why those practices are better.
- Author: Matt Burbach
- What to look for in a climbing gym
- Selecting equipment and understanding how it all works
- Principles of top-rope systems management
- Precision movement technique
- Advanced skills including indoor leading and belaying, bouldering, and competition climbing
- Key skills exercises designed to be performed near the ground
- Illustrated in sequential photos
|Dimensions:||8 x 7 x .5 in|