Mammut: Galaxy 10.0mm Superdry Doudess 70m Dynamic Rope
Regular Price: $299.95
Sale Price: $238.99
- Qualifies for free shipping.
The Galaxy 10 mm x 70 meter SD DD rope is part of Mammut's Balance Line of ropes that excel in a number of different climbing disciplines. While still being relatively light weight, the Galaxy absorbs quite a bit of impact force and exceeds UIAA requirements for elongation and falls held. The SD stands for the Superdry coating that Mammut uses on this rope to keep it from absorbing water and dirt; useful features for a mountaineering or alpine rope. The DD designation stands for Duodess and means that at the half way point of the rope the sheath changes weave patterns which quickly allows you to find the middle of the rope and easily estimate how much rope you have left.
- A great all around performer, this rope is well-balanced for use in alpine, mountaineering, sport and indoor climbing
- Duodess option uses a pattern change to indicate the half-point of the rope
- Superdry sheath and core treatment discourages water absorption while resisting dirt and abrasion
- Exceeds UIAA tests for falls, impact force and elongation
|Weight per Meter:||66 g/m|
|UIAA Falls Held:||7-8|
|Impact Force:||9.2 kN|
|Elongation at 1st Fall:||30%|
|Portion of Sheath:||36 %|
|Elongation in use:||7 %|