Garmin: Forerunner 620
Our Price: $449.99
- Qualifies for free shipping.
- Garmin products are not available for shipment outside the United States.
A coach is a philosopher, a grizzled veteran, a guru, a tinkerer, an analyst, a dictator, and an advocate. And sometimes a coach is a person who knows how well you should perform, even when you doubt. This is the Forerunner 220, a GPS running watch so dialed-in, it might just know your abilities better than you do.
- Ground Contact:
- When used with HRM-Run, 620 measures how much time, during the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight. Ground contact time is measured in milliseconds. Most running ground contact times are between 160 — 300 milliseconds. Elite runners typically spend under 200-milliseconds in contact with the ground each step.
- When used with HRM-Run, cadence records your number of steps per minute. This feature counts total steps (right and left combined). Previous devices used a foot pod to measure foot strike rate. A typical cadence is between 150 — 200 steps per minute, with 180 steps being the sweet spot.
- Vertical Oscillation:
- When used with HRM-Run, vertical oscillation shows the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion. Vertical oscillation is measured in centimeters from a fixed point on your body (sensor on the chest mounted HRM-Run monitor). Typical oscillation is between 6 — 13 cm. Elite runners generally oscillate less.
- Recovery Advisor:
- Recovery advisor is a set of features that estimate how much time you need to recover from your run so you can more easily assess how hard your next one should be.
- Recovery Time: Estimates your state of recovery immediately following a run and operates in a countdown mode until the next effort. Recovery can range from 6 — 96 hours.
- Recovery Check: Provides a real-time assessment of your recovery in the first several minutes of a run.
- VO2 Max:
- When used with HRM-Run, VO2 max estimates the maximum volume of oxygen (in milliliters) you can consume per minute per kilogram of body weight at max performance. VO2 max is an indication of aerobic capability and should increase as your fitness improves.
- Race Predictor
- Projects your finish time for a given race distance based on the your current VO2 max estimate. The race time is idealized based on your current state of fitness and presumed proper training.
- More Features:
- Comfortable, Lightweight Design
- High-resolution Color Touchscreen
- Vibration Alerts
- Auto Lap®
- Auto Pause®
- Personal Records
- Calories (heart-rate based)
- Run/Walk Alerts
- Fast GPS Fix
- ANT+™ for sensors
- Heart Rate Zones
- Heart Rate Alerts
- Training Plan Support
- Advanced Workouts
- Interval Workouts
- Virtual Partner®
- Configurable Data Fields
- Wireless Uploads & USB Connectivity
- Post-run Summary
|Dimensions:||1.8 x 1.8 x 0.5 in/4.5 x 4.5 x 1.25 cm|
|Display Size:||1.0 in/ 2.54 cm diameter|
|Display Resolution:||180 x 180 pixels|
|Weight:||1.5 oz (43.6 g)|
|Battery Life:||up to 6 weeks in watch mode; up to 10 hours in training mode|
|Water resistant:||Yes (50m)|
|High Sensitivity Receiver:||Yes|
|Ability to add maps:||No|
|Accepts Data Cards:||No|
|History:||200 hours of activity data|
|Heart Rate Monitor:||Yes (Some versions)|
|Bike Speed/Cadence Sensor:||No|
|Foot Pod:||Yes (optional)|
|Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer):||Yes|
|Garmin Connect™ Compatible (online community for analyzing, categorizing, and sharing data):||Yes|
|Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person):||Yes|
|Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities):||No|
|Courses (compete against previous activities):||No|
|Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed):||Yes|
|Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap):||Yes|
|Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout):||Yes|
|Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button):||No|
|Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts):||Yes|
|Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace):||Yes|
|Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal):||Yes|
|Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert):||Yes|
|Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals):||Yes|
|Heart rate-based calorie computation:||Yes|
|Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness):||Yes|
|Unit-to-unit transfer (Shares data wirelessly with similar units):||No|
|Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters):||No|
|Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride):||No|
|V02 max estimate:||Yes|