Globe Pequot Press: Driving the Pacific Coast California
Our Price: $13.95
The best way to see California’s spectacular coastline is to drive it with this book as your guide. Packed with information about twenty-six charming seaside communities, Driving the Pacific Coast California is your ticket to the many treasures along the 1,100-mile stretch of Highway 1. Whether you’re looking for a short, one-day jaunt or an extended tour of the entire coastline, this indispensable companion will show you the best places in the area to eat, stay, shop, and play.
About the Author: Kathy Strong, a native southern Californian, has lived and traveled extensively on the West Coast for more than forty years.
- The Quail Botanical Gardens in Encinitas, the flower capital of the world
- The “Big Dipper” roller coaster, a National Historic Landmark that you can ride, on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- The statuesque redwoods along the Avenue of the Giants through Garberville
- Farm-fresh produce, antiques shops and boutiques, and the charms of California’s oldest seaside resort town in Capicola
- Elegantly restored Victorian inns overlooking the natural beauty of Monterey Bay in Monterey and Pacific Grove
|Date Published:||March 1, 2006|
|Dimensions:||6 x 0.6 x 9 inches|