National Geographic Maps: Banff South
Out of Stock
Sorry but we are currently out of stock on this item. Feel free to call us at 1-800-499-8696 and we can try to find you an alternative item.
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Banff South is a two-sided, waterproof map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in conjunction with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information.
The front side of the Banff South map details the north side of the national park, from Scalp Creek Natural Area to the north, to Bow Valley Wildland Provincial Park to the south. This side also covers survival tips, entry fees and what to do while visiting. The reverse side of the map details the south side of the park, extending from Height of the Rockies Provincial Park to the south, to Ghost River Wilderness Area to the North. Insets show tips on outdoor ethics, and activities while visiting Kootenay National Park such as backpacking, camping, biking, hiking and the hot springs. Trails Illustrated maps are expertly researched and frequently updated. The maps are printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough—capable of going anywhere you do.
- Banff & Kootenay National Parks Alberta/British Columbia, Canada
- Trail distances, Mount Assiniboine Provincial Park, Radium Hot Springs, Lake Minnewanka, Castle Mountain, Bow Valley Parkway
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, ATV, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries, and wildlife refuges
- Hundreds of points-of-interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches and canoe carry downs, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation
- Detailed road network
- Useful travel information on parks and key trails
- Important safety information and tips
- Information about local organizations and land management agencies
|Dimensions:||Closed: 4.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Open: 26 x 38 inches|
|Edition:||©2012 by National Geographic Society|