Globe Pequot Press: Arizona Curiosities 2nd edition
Regular Price: $14.95
Sale Price: $7.50
Although Arizona was one of the last states to enter the union, this Wild West frontier claims some of the quirkiest citizens and sites in the country--everything from stock tank racing to a $200 margarita. This laugh-out-loud guide will introduce readers to the offbeat people, places, and events of Arizona.
About the Author: Sam Lowe has lived in Arizona since 1969, which puts him into the loosely regulated "near native" category. He worked as a columnist for The Phoenix Gazette and Arizona Republic for more than 25 years and was named "Humor Columnist of the Year" by the National Society of Newspaper Columnists in 1988. After retiring in 1999, he became a freelance writer. He and his wife Lyn live in a two-bedroom house in Phoenix. There's nothing unusual about them or the house. Well, maybe the billboard-size circus poster plastered across one wall in the garage.
- Your round-trip ticket to the wildest, wackiest, most outrageous people, places, and things the Grand Canyon State has to offer!
- Stand exactly 3,333.33 feet above sea level; walk among trolls and gnomes in the Valley of the Moon; and explore a crater made by a 2,548-pound rubber-band ball.
- See what it’s like in Paradise, Eden, and Nowhere; witness the Running of the
- Chihuahuas; and hear your voice in a vortex.
- Meet Eve, the ghost that lives in a brothel turned bed-and-breakfast; cheer with the Fighting Artichokes; and reminisce with a man who brings back the past with bicycles.
- Whether you’re a born-and-raised Arizonian or a recent transplant, author Sam Lowe will have you laughing out loud as he introduces you to the neighbors you never knew you had and takes you to places you never knew existed—right in your own backyard.
|Date Published:||April 1, 2007|
|Dimensions:||6 x 0.7 x 9 inches|