When seasons change in the Rockies, the weather hazards shift from thunderstorms to raging wind and snow. Patagonia's updated Piolet Jacket remains unfazed. It protects, moves and breathes with an improved shell, using a more supple 2-layer polyester waterproof/breathable and windproof GORE-TEX® fabric that has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The hanging liner is now comprised of a brushed and wicking mesh in the body, with smooth-layering taffeta in the sleeves, and the improved drop-collar design on the helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable hood provides exceptional coverage and visibility. Finer details include minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps on the center-front zipper; extremely low-bulk, watertight, coated pit zips; and three external pockets (the jacket also has an internal zippered security pocket). With low-profile contoured cuff closures and full-reach gusseted underarm panels for mobility.
- New 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX® fabric shell and an updated wicking mesh liner create a more supple package with greater comfort
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable hood with drop-collar design provides exceptional coverage and visibility
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard; microfleece on interior collar for added comfort on chin
- Gusseted underarm panels reduce lift when reaching overhead and have minimal pit zips for venting
- Chest pocket, handwarmer pockets and pit zips feature coated, watertight Slim Zips that reduce bulk and weight; internal zipper pocket
- Shaped cuffs with self fabric hook-and-loop Tapered Tab adjustment
- Dual-adjust drawcord hem seals out weather
|Fabric||Shell: 2-layer, 3.4-oz 75-denier 100% polyester GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
|Lining: 100% polyester warp knit mesh and 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% polyester plain weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
|Weight||566 g (20 oz)