Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour
- Produced by Mountain Culture at The Banff Centre and features award-winning films and audience favorites from approximately 300 films entered in the annual festival in Banff.
- Two Unique Nights of Films: March 23rd, 2013 - Doors open at 6:30pm, show starts at 7:30pm. March 24th, 2013 - Doors open at 5:00pm, show starts at 6:00pm
- VIP Love Seat Tickets (Admit 2) Available and include a VIP Reception in the Founders Lounge. VIP Reception begins at 6pm on Saturday and 4:30pm on Sunday.
- On the day of the show tickets are only available through the Fox Theatre.
- Plus, the proceeds from ticket sales go to the winners of our Banff Mountain Film Festival Grants.
It starts with 300 adrenaline-pumping thought provoking films on mountain sports, adventure travel, cultures and environments from around the world showcasing some of the finest mountain inspired adventures ever recorded. The top 50 of these films were honored on the silver screen at the 9 day long 34th annual Banff Mountain Film Festival in November. We at Summit Hut, with the help of Banff Mountain Film Festival representatives, have hand picked two unique evenings of two and a half hours worth of films tailored for a Southern Arizona audience to be shown at the Fox Theatre.
Tentative 2013 Banff Mountain Film Festival Lineup:
|Saturday, March 23rd|
|Industrial Revolutions||trials biking||5 minutes|
|The Gimp Monkeys||rock climbing||8 minutes|
|Highway Wilding (special edit)||wildlife, environment||13 minutes|
|Crossing The Ice||adventure||44 minutes|
|Flow Hunters (special edit)||kayaking||9 minutes|
|Reel Rock 7: Honnold 3.0||rock climbing||33 minutes|
|The Denali Experiment||alpine climbing, skiing, snowboarding||16 minutes|
|On Thin Sea Ice 2||skating, swimming, vodka||2 minutes|
|Sunday, March 24th|
|1st Afghan Ski Challenge||culture, skiing||17 minutes|
|Wild Bill's Run (special edit)||adventure||47 minutes|
|Petzl RocTrip China||rock climbing, culture||23 minutes|
|Ernest||culture, adventure||5 minutes|
|Last of the Great Unknown||canyoneering||23 minutes|
|Lily Shreds Trailside||mountain biking, dogs||4 minutes|