The woods are full of puzzles to be solved and clues to be found. Inspired by this book's hints and fun-filled experiments and activities, and using only simple equipment, young readers unlock the closely guarded secrets of the woodsfrom the strange meetings of lazy butterflies, to the miraculous "walking" of a twig, to the riddle of why the leaves turn color and fall. One small square at a time, these "detectives" plunge deeper and deeper into ancient mysterieswithout ever getting lost. Beautifully illustrated, Woods offers a picture field guide, a glossary-index, and a resource list.
- Authors: Donald Silver; Patricia Wynne
- Stunning full-color illustrations of each habitat and its creatures
- Motivating experiments and activities, along with clear, diagrammed instructions and safety tips
- A picture field guide to the habitat
- A glossary-index and resource list