Step into the only trail shoe with a foot-shaped toe box and max-cushioned Zero Drop platform. Named after one of the most prominent peaks in the Wasatch Mountains, the Olympus is designed to help you conquer any terrain. The flexible, max-cushioned Zero Drop platform and foot-shaped toe box combine to place your foot in a natural position for an efficient, stable trail or road running experience. Two-layer A-Bound™ cushioning offers flexible protection from the gnarly terrain or open road, although we will recommend learning and focusing on proper, low-impact technique. And because a max cushioned shoe reduces the workload on the feet, foot strengthening should be done to keep the foundation of the body strong. Dominate the trail, pavement and everything in between with the all-new Olympus.
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Road Running, Hiking, Fastpacking, Ultramarathons
- Designed to Reduce: Ankle Sprains, Stone Bruising, Overstriding, Knee Pain, Forefoot Pain, Impact, Fatigue
- Platform: Fully-Cushioned Zero Drop™ Platform, Foot-Shaped Toe Box, NRS™ Natural Ride System
- Zero DropTM Platform: Zero Drop™ footwear offers runners the world's first fully cushioned, foot-shaped, training shoe without an elevated heel. This unique platform allows for a more natural foot strike and a more efficient, comfortable ride.
- Foot-Shaped Toe Box: Setting Altra apart from other performance training shoes, a foot-shaped design ensures healthy, happy feet. The distinctive toe box follows the shape of a healthy foot for more comfort, balance and running efficiency.
- NRS – Natural Ride System™: This unique combination of outsole and midsole componentry with proper metatarsal parabola, Zero Drop™ platform and foot-shaped lasts allows people to run as nature intended.
- A-Bound™: Environmentally friendly, this energy-return compound is made of recycled materials. Offering extra protection, this unique layer sits directly under the foot to return energy back into each stride. It reduces the impact of hard surfaces while still maintaining ground feedback. Traditional running shoe foam compresses 70-90% while A-Bound™ compresses 2-3x less so it won't deform over time.
|Stack Height||36 mm
|Midsole||Dual Layer EVA with A-Bound™ Top Layer
|Outsole||Trail Specific Sticky Rubber
|Insole||5 mm Contour Footbed
|Upper||Quick-Dry Trail Mesh