Trails Illustrated maps for the Washington Cascades region offers the most detailed and up-to-date map for the forest, carefully researched and developed in co-operation with local land managers and agencies. Each map contains easy to read trails, numbered forest service roads, campsites, access points, scenic points-of-interests, and important facilities.
Along the west slope of Mount Adams lies the 46,353 acre Mount Adams Wilderness. The 12,236-foot high Mount Adams is the second highest peak in the Northwest after Mt. Rainier. The Yakima Indian Reservation bound Mount Adams Wilderness on the east. Wilderness trails offer the hiker spectacular views of Mount Adams and its glaciers, tumbling streams, open alpine forests, and wildflowers scattered among lava flows and rim rocks. Mount Adams is the biggest volcano in the state of Washington.
Mount St. Helens is an active volcano in southwest Washington state and the central feature of the Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument. It is a popular climb for both beginning and experienced mountaineers.
Mount Adams, Indian Haven and Trapper Creek Wilderness Areas, Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument, Mount Margaret Backcountry Area, Pacific Crest Trail, Spirit Lake Memorial Highway, Detailed Climbing and Permit Information Wilderness Coverage: Mount Adams, Indian Haven, Trapper Creek Other Attractions: Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument, Mount Margaret Backcountry Area, Hiking Trails, Mountain Biking, Scenic Back Roads, Mountain Climbing, Campgrounds, Sno-Parks, Fishing, Snowmobile Trails, Cross-Country Skiing, Waterfalls
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries and wildlife refuges - Hundreds of points-of-interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches and canoe carry downs, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation
- Detailed road network
- Useful travel information on parks and key trails
- Important safety information and tips
- Information about local organizations and land management agencies