National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Mount Tamalpais and Point Reyes is a two-sided, waterproof map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in conjunction with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information. The front side of the map details Point Reyes National Seashore and the northern portion of Golden Gate National Recreation Area. On the reverse side of the map Mount Tamalpais Park is featured, as well as the southern portion of Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Angel Island State Park and the city of San Rafael. Loaded with valuable safety tips, guidelines for outdoor recreation, park contact information and more, the map also includes a UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
Includes useful information on Point Reyes National Seashore, California State Parks, Marin County Parks, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, California Coastal National Monument, California Coastal Trail, Bay Area Ridge Trail, Mount Tamalpais Watershed, and San Francisco Mass Transit. Outdoor enthusiasts and casual explorere alike will appreciate the important safety information and tips regarding beaches, rip currents, sneaker waves, cliffs and rockfalls, tsunamis, wildlife, poison oak, and other potential hazards. Information about local organizations including Point Reyes National Seashore Association, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, Marin State Parks Association, Angel Island Association, and Mount Tamalpais Interpretive Association is included for adventurers who want to learn more and explore further.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries and wildlife refuges - Hundreds of points-of-interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches and canoe carry downs, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation
- Detailed road network
- Useful travel information on parks and key trails
- Important safety information and tips
- Information about local organizations and land management agencies