Monterra is a full-featured Wi-Fi® enabled GPS navigator that combines Garmin’s powerful mapping with the versatility of Android. Get Android apps for Monterra on Google Play, including PeakFinder, star constellation charts and ballistic calculator. Or access professional apps such as construction estimators and ArcGIS® to extend your office to the field. The rugged and durable Monterra has the power and flexibility to go anywhere.
GPS Mapping Powerhouse with Android™ OS
4 inch dual orientation, sunlight-readable, durable mineral glass display with multi-touch interface
Get Android apps on Google Play™
8 megapixel autofocus camera and 1080p HD video with automatic geotagging, LED flash/torch
High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver for better positioning
3D MapMerge™ for multiple maps in 3-D
- 3D MapMerge
- Monterra is the ultimate mapping tool with custom 3-D mapping. Combine 2 maps, for example TOPO and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, then view both maps in 3-D. You’ll see rich textures, such as hills, valleys, lakes and forests. Zoom in, pan out and rotate the 3-D map using multi-touch.
- Quality Photos
- Monterra includes a built-in 8 megapixel autofocus digital camera that takes vivid, geo-tagged photos for easy return navigation plus a 1080p HD video camera with LED flash/torch. You can download photos and video easily to your computer or for sharing through Garmin Adventures. Monterra has plenty of internal memory plus a microSD™ card slot for up to 64 additional GB of memory.
- Powerful Battery, Beautiful Display
- Monterra has a state-of-the-art dual battery system. You can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included) or traditional AA batteries — the lithium-ion pack charges when device is connected to external power. Its 4" color multi-touch display uses external light and sunlight in combination with the LED backlight to increase screen brightness. Plus, you conserve power by not having to turn on the backlight.
- Get Your Bearings
- Monterra has a built-in 3-axis electronic compass with accelerometer and gyro, which shows where you're heading even when you’re standing still (or not holding it level). Once calibrated, its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
- A built-in UV sensor lets you know your exposure level to sunlight so you can avoid sun damage, especially at higher elevations (5 percent increase in intensity every 1,000 ft of altitude) and on bright or reflective surfaces (snow, water, etc). And with its high-sensitivity, WAAS- and GLONASS-enabled GPS receiver, Monterra locates your position with more precision and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
- Share Wirelessly
- With Wi-Fi, ANT+, Bluetooth® and NFC, Monterra lets you share your data, maps, waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches up to 50 times faster with other wireless compatible devices. Plus, you can share photos and data from field work through BaseCamp™ or by downloading directly to your computer.
- Load Maps and Millions of Geocaches
- Add BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required) and hit the trail. Add Trailhead Series TOPO maps and explore famous treks like the Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. Or, load up your GIS-based maps and go to work.
- Monterra can hold millions of geocaches. Download every cache on OpenCaching.com. Load caches from GSAK. Or get your favorite Android app on Google Play. All your paperless geocaching features will be there for every cache. Read full descriptions, hints and logs. View cache photos. Filter caches by size, terrain, difficulty and type. Connect to chirp™-enabled caches.
- Never miss vital information (or entertainment) with Monterra’s built-in FM radio and NOAA weather radio with SAME alerts. Get watches and warnings related to your location. Listen with headphones or share with the whole group through the built-in speaker.
- Plan Your Next Trip
- Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks. Create Garmin Adventures to share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
- Mount It Anywhere
- With an array of compatible mounts, Monterra is designed for use on ATVs, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the automobile mount for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.