Trails Illustrated Merced and Tuolumne Rivers is the third of five exciting new maps for the California Sierra Nevadas that will combine to form seamless coverage of the high-use National Forest areas between Sequoia / Kings Canyon National Parks and Lake Tahoe. This region contains some of the most visited backcountry in the United States, popular with hikers, mountain bikers, anglers, hunters, and winter sports enthusiasts.
Like all Trails Illustrated maps, Merced and Tuolumne Rivers was developed in collaboration with local agencies and experts, in this case the Three Forests Interpretive Association which supports Sierra, Stanislaus, and Sequoia National Forests.
Merced and Tuolumne Rivers contains coverage for Stainislaus National Forest, Merced and Tuolumne Wild and Scenic Rivers, Calaveras Big Trees State Park, Tuolumne State Game Refuge, Ebbetts Pass, Arnold, Mariposa, Sonora, Twain Hart, Mi-Wuk Village, Alpine and Pinecrest Lakes.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, ATV, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries, and wildlife refuges
- Hundreds of points of interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and latitude/longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation
- Detailed road network
- Important safety information and travel tips