The versatile Osprey Kestrel 38 is designed to transport 30-40 pound loads anywhere you care to go. With a separate zippered sleeping bag compartment and external sleeping pad straps, it’s a fully functional overnight pack. Or cinch down the StraightJacket™ side compression straps and take it out for a day of canyoneering in Utah’s San Rafael swell.
- Side Zipper Access - Side zipper access to main compartment allows easy accessibility to the inside contents of the pack
- Sleeping Pad Straps - Adjustable and removable sleeping pad straps provide secure extra carry
- Sleeping Bag Compartment - Wide mouth access sleeping bag compartment with divider stows your bag out of the way
- Other storage features include top-lid and under-lid zippered pockets, side and front stretch mesh pockets, and two zippered hipbelt pockets.
- Whatever you put inside, Osprey’s LightWire™ frame transfers the load to a comfortable spacer mesh harness and hipbelt. This innovative suspension system ensures all-day carrying comfort, especially in warm conditions when the Airscape™ mesh backpanel comes into play.
- When it comes time to unpack, the main compartment has top loading or side zip access providing multiple portals to get at your gear without struggle.
- Along with the extensive pocketry, there are dual front daisy chains and web attachment points on the top lid for anchoring gear to the exterior.
- Other useful features include an external hydration sleeve, tuck-away ice tool loops, and Osprey’s Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole attachments. The entire pack can be shielded from the elements by deploying the integrated raincover.
|Load Range||25-40 LBS
|Volume||S/M: 2197 IN^3 / 36 L | M/L: 2319 IN^3 / 38 L
|Dimensions||S/M: 26H X 15W X 16D IN | M/L: 28H X 15W X 16D IN
|Weight||S/M: 3.02 LBS | M/L: 3.13 LBS
|Fabric||210D Nylon Double Diamond Ripstop, 420HD Nylon Packcloth