Osprey's Hydraulics Reservoir features MPE film, providing taste-free qualities of polyethylene with the added benefit of extra strength over typical PE films. The “M” in MPE stands for metallocene, a special catalyst used in the manufacture of the PE resin. It forms a PE that is more consistent and even in structure, resulting in greater strength and resiliency, making it ideal for reservoirs. This added durability allows it to handle hot water. It is BPA & PVC free, of course.
New HydroStatic™ backer plate creates a wider and lower profile. A traditional reservoir barrels out and forms a straight tube when filled, interfering with a pack’s ability to fit the body. The HydroStatic™ plate shapes the reservoir to ensure pack fit is preserved for optimal stability and comfort.
- New Metallocene PE high strength & taste free film (BPA & PVC free)
- Anti-microbial formula to prevent bacteria & mold
- New 3/4 turn cap quick and secure open/close.
- Wide mouth opening provides easy fill & access for cleaning
- New lightweight, low profile handle for easy fill and pack insertion with dual sided hose exit
- New direct welded HydroStatic™ plate maintains low & wide reservoir profile
- Anatomical shape keeps water weight steady and close to the body
- Magnetic bite valve with included sternum strap magnet
- New flexible 1/4”/6.35mm hose for faster water flow
- Built in 180 degree pivot shut-off valve
|Weight||11 oz / 0.3 kg
|Dimensions||2L (70 oz): 9.5 x 7 x 4 in
|3L(100 oz): 16 x 7 x 3 in