The first ever HMS carabiner with two independent, automatic locking mechanisms. Edelrid has combined their tried-and-tested slide-gate with a new spring bar mechanism to make the super-safe SafeLock HMS carabiner.
- SafeLock carabiner with two independent, automatic locking mechanisms that make accidental carabiner opening virtually impossible
- Spring bar for correct alignment when belaying preventing cross loading; also ensures gate is properly closed
- Intelligent slide-gate locking mechanism with automatic locking system as redundant mechanism
- Keylock closure system for optimal handling when clipping and unclipping
- The deliberately complex opening procedure provides additional safety for a wide range of uses (HMS carabiner, top-rope rigging, roping up on glaciers)
- Not recommended for use with the Mega Jul or Micro Jul.
|Gate Opening||21 mm
|Strength Gate Closed||22 kN
|Strength Minor Axis||8 kN
|Strength Gate Open||7 kN