Hiking Mount Rainier National Park features sixty-one of the finest trails in Washington - from short day hikes to backcountry treks. With this comprehensive guide, veteran hikers Heidi Schneider and Mary Skjelset provide all the information you need to get the most out of hiking this natural wonderland.
About the Authors:
Heidi Schneider is currently studying medicine at Oregon Health Sciences University, with a strong commitment to community service. Her childhood was spent exploring the wilderness in and around Montana. Heidi continues to derive strength and spirituality from nature.
Mary Skjelset, also from Montana, appreciates the wild side of life. After graduating college and working with an environmental organization in the Czech Republic, she settled in Oregon and now attends law school at the Lewis and Clark college.
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Detailed trail descriptions
- GPS-compatible trail maps and route profiles
- Mile-by-mile directional cues
- Difficulty ratings, trail contacts, fees/permits, and best hiking seasons
- Invaluable planning information, including local lodging recommendations
|Date Published||October 1, 2005
|Dimensions||9 x 6.2 x 0.8 inches