Discover the wonder of these two spectacular parks as Hiking Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Parks leads you along 850 miles of trail - from short nature hikes to backcountry treks. Veteran hiker Erik Molvar provides all the information you need to get the most out of hiking this International Peace Park with its glistening glaciers, scenic lookouts, peaceful lakes, and remote wilderness.
About the Author:
Erik Molvar is a veteran author and backcountry explorer who discovered backpacking while working on a volunteer trails crew in the North Cascades of Washington. The author of more than a dozen FalconGuides, Erik is a wildlife biologist for Biodiversity Conservation Alliance in Wyoming.
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Mile-by-mile directional cues
- Elevation profiles
- GPS coordinates for all trailheads and backcountry campsites
- An index of hikes by category— from easy day hikes to hikes to waterfalls
- Invaluable trip-planning information, including local lodging and campgrounds
- Full-color photos throughout
- Full-color GPS-compatible maps of each trail
|Date Published||June 19, 2012
|Dimensions||9 x 5.9 x 0.5 inches