Lace up your boots and sample the finest trails Colorado has to offer. This hiker’s paradise offers not only rugged peaks and crystal clear alpine lakes, but also historic ruins and magnificent canyons. View the Continental Divide in Rocky Mountain National Park, journey to Colorado’s highest point at the top of Mount Elbert, hike beneath immense sandstone cliffs in Devils Canyon, or step back in time to North America’s largest dinosaur tracksite.
About the Author:
Maryann Gaug is an avid hiker and a Master of Leave No Trace as well as a freelance writer and photographer. Her FalconGuides include Hiking Colorado, Best Hikes Near Denver and Boulder, and Hiking Colorado's Summit County Area. A native of Denver, Maryann now lives in Summit County in Silverthorne.
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Directions to the trailheads
- Trail Finder for best hikes for children, dogs, great views, waterfalls, canyons, or history lovers
- Comprehensive trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
- GPS coordinates
- Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, and best hiking seasons for every featured hike
- Information on fees and permits, contacts, events and attractions, restaurants and
- accommodations, canine compatibility, and more
|Date Published||May 17, 2011
|Dimensions||8.9 x 6 x 0.9 inches