Roctane is GU sports’ high-performance energy gel that utilizes a similar formula to original GU Energy Gel, but with significantly higher concentrations of amino acids and citrates, plus a new amino acid complex—Ornithine Alpha-Ketaglutarate (OKG). These ingredients mitigate the energy-sapping effects of lactic-acid build-up, produce energy more efficiently, improve recovery through a decrease in exercise-induced muscle damage and maintain mental focus through delayed onset of fatigue signals from the central nervous system. The result is a premium sports nutrition product that allows athletes across all sports to perform at a higher intensity for a longer period of time.
Chocolate Rasberry, Vanilla Orange, and Cherry Lime contain 35mg of caffeine.
Strawberry Kiwi, Pineapple, and Lemonade do not contain any caffeine.
- Each packet (serving) contains 100 calories of easy to digest simple and complex carbohydrates, electrolytes, amino acids and caffeine to fuel extreme endeavors:
- Ideal carbohydrate ratio - A Blend of glucose to fructose can help your body use more of the carbohydrates you ingest during training or racing. Research shows that a combination of these two carbohydrates is better than glucose or fructose alone
- More key electrolytes - Sodium and potassium help to properly maintain hydration
- More Branch Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine) - Shown to serve as a fuel source (when taken with carbohydrates), reduce muscle damage, enhance recovery and delay fatigue – all critical during intense or long efforts
- More Histidine (Amino Acid) - Can promote muscle buffers to prevent accumulation of lactic acid in muscles during exercise
- More Caffeine – Proven to stimulate the central nervous system and reduce pain perception leading to prolonged exercise and delayed fatigue
- Ornithine Alpha-Ketaglutarate (OKG) - included to support recovery by helping block the catabolic effects of various hormones that cause muscle trauma