If you are planning to hike the South and North Bass Trails, this trail guide is indispensable, with extensive information on desert hiking, trail landmarks, history, geology, ecology and much more. Includes detailed maps. The South and North Bass Trail Guide combines fascinating history and geology with enough challenging hiking to satisfy both seasoned trekkers and day-trippers. This guide includes Mount Huethawali, Spencer Terrace, Huxley Terrace, and the Great Scenic Divide at the Esplanade level for South Bass hikes; and Muav Saddle snowshoe cabin, Muav Spring, Powell Plateau, Swamp Point, and Coconino Sandstone for North Bass.
- Full color photos and maps
- Maps show locations of water and seasonal water as well as campgrounds, notable trail features and much more
- Great directions and trail descriptions
- Sections on the history, ecology and geology of each trail
- Safety tips specific to the Grand Canyon