Lonely Planet France is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Climb the iconic Eiffel Tower, explore the mysterious abbey-island of Mont St-Michel, or taste Champagne amid the rolling vineyards of Reims; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of France and begin your journey now!
(Looking for a guide focused on Paris? Check out Lonely Planet's Paris guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer; Discover Paris, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions; or Pocket Paris, a handy-sized guide/handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.)
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Paris city map (included in print version), plus over 137 colour maps
- Covers Paris, Lille, Flanders, the Somme, Normandy, Brittany, Champagne, Alsace, Lorraine, the Loire Valley, Burgundy, Lyon, the French Alps, Basque Country, the Pyrenees, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Corsica and more
|Published||April 1, 2015
|Authors||Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Nicola Williams, Alexis Averbuck, Oliver Berry, Stuart Butler, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Kerry Christiani, Gregor Clark, Emilie Filou, Catherine Le Nevez, Daniel Robinson.
|Dimensions||5 x 7.8 x 1.6 in