This is a perfect book for new and well seasoned hikers in Arizona, long-time residents, snowbirds and those new to the area. Featuring hikes in the following regions: Flagstaff, Sedona, Sitgreaves National Forest, Mogollon Rim, Superior, Superstition Mountains, Tonto National Forest, Goldfield Mountains, and more. Information on each hike includes driving directions to the trailhead, description of the hike, distance, time and elevation change, best season to hike, and trail rating. Step-by-step descriptions of the trail in the text are keyed to excellent TOPO maps.
- 33 areas to hike, centered around Phoenix, most of them not in any other guidebook
- 42 user-friendly TOPO maps
- 270 color photos
- Detailed trail descriptions
- Seasonal advice
- Natural and cultural history of the region
- Difficulty ratings
- Safety tips and much, much more.