At frigid belays and during breaks in mid-winter ski tours, remember, first things first: stay warm. Patagonia's new Fitz Roy Down Jacket uses ethically sourced and traceable 800-fill-power down in a high-loft quilting design—larger, loftier chambers trap your heat inside the 100% nylon shell (with snow-shedding DWR (durable water repellent) finish, which utilizes a special high-sheen fabric construction atop the shoulders for enhanced moisture resistance. Underarm gussets improve range of motion and the center-front zipper has an internal storm flap and a soft, kissing-welt zipper garage with a micro-fleece-lined chin-flap for next-to-skin comfort. A drawcorded hem seals-in warmth and cinches from inside the two zippered handwarmer pockets (another zippered pocket sits on the outer left chest). Soft, low profile, internal elastic-bound cuffs push-up easily, and the included stuff sack has a built-in clip-in loop.
- Lightweight and durable 100% nylon shell fabric throughout; high sheen fabric on the shoulders uses interlocking Y-shaped nylon fibers to enhance DWR (durable water repellent) performance; both with a DWR finish
- Traceable Down (third-party-verified, non-live-plucked, non-force-fed) 800-fillpower goose down; high-loft quilted construction provides maximum warmth
- Center-front vislon zipper backed with internal storm flap and soft, kissing-welt zipper garage and chin flap with micro-fleece for next-to-skin comfort
- Two handwarmer pockets and exterior left chest pocket with DWR-coated zippers and garages
- Underarm gusset improves range of motion
- Elasticized, low-profile cuffs sit soft on the arm and easily push up and out of the way
- Hem adjusts by pulling cord in handwarmer pockets and releases with cordlocks at front hem; self fabric stuffsack included
|Fabric||Main Shell and Liner: 1.1-oz 20-denier 100% nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
|Reinforcement Shell: 1.1-oz 20-denier Y-yarn 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
|Insulation||Traceable Down (third-party-verified, non-live-plucked, non-force-fed) 800-fill-power goose down
|Weight||354 g (12.5 oz)