Explore! Glacier National Park and Montana's Flathead Valley is a comprehensive guide to the numerous outdoor recreation opportunities in this spectacular landscape. It's also an affectionate tribute to this vast wilderness area by local outdoors authors Jane and Bert Gildart, who share their favorites places to hike, snowmobile, cycle, ski, take photos, float, fish, and more. Enjoy a scenic drive on Going-to-the-Sun Road; hike the Swan Range to glimpse wildlife with feathers, fur, and fins; accompany Bert on an elk hunt in the Bob Marshall Wilderness; bird-watch along the Sprunger-Whitney Nature Trail; and paddle the Marine Trail of Flathead Lake.
About the Author:
Bert and Jane Gildart are hikers, writers, and photographers specializing in outdoor recreation. They live in Bigfork, Montana.
- Where to hike or backpack, kayak, snowmobile, ski, and more
- Detailed trail descriptions and accurate directions from major access points
- Full-color foldout GPS-compatible map
- Facts about the area's history, flora and fauna, and weather
- Lists of contacts and resources, outfitters and guides, and campgrounds
|Date Published||March 1, 2007
|Dimensions||8.9 x 5.9 x 0.5 inches