Exped's Downmats are outrageously comfortable, ultra-warm, and super-compact. Down insulation drastically reduces heat loss and is more compressible than synthetic fill, allowing you to save space while maximizing comfort. An integrated pump makes inflation a snap and eliminates moisture buildup caused by mouth/lung inflation.
- DownMat is unmatched for winter camping and sleeping on snow.
- Both low profile valves (pat. pend) one for inflation and the other for deflation ensure ease of use. As the valves are flat and not on the mat‘s edge they do not protrude and are therefore protected and durable.
- Light foam blocks at the mat‘s ends prevent down from escaping or migrating between chambers.
- Laminated polyester fabric is both durable, airtight and humidity resistant. The shell‘s top surface is of brushed polyester fabric that provides excellent slip resistance and comfort next to the skin. Dark colors dry quickly. The seams are high frequency welded for durability.
- Two loops at the head end can be used to secure the packsack to the mat when used as a pillow.
- Light and warm: The DownMat 7 has a R-Value of 5.9. At about the same weight a standard 2.5 cm self inflating mat only has a R-Value of 2.5. Further EMPA tests demonstrated that regular mats lose 3x more heat to cold ground than to the air. The conclusion: use a lighter weight sleeping bag with a DownMat to achieve consistent overall comfort, and still reduce weight and bulk!
- Exped only uses IDFL-certified goose down, specially treated to eliminate the effects of humidity that may reach the mat‘s interior.
|Weight||MD - 35 oz
|LW - 45 oz
|Dimensions||MD - 72 x 20 x 3.5 in
|LW - 77.5 x 26 x 3.5 in