Lonely Planet Discover Switzerland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ski through fresh powder in the Swiss Alps, listen to cowbells while enjoying a picnic in a mountain meadow, or feast on fondue in Gruyeres; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Switzerland and begin your journey now!
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, family travel, winter and summer travel, scenic transport, food and drink, spa resorts and treatments, language guide, films, books.
- Over 38 colour maps
- Covers Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Bernese Oberland, Valais, Zermatt, Zurich, Lake Constance, St Moritz, Graubunden, and more
|Dimensions||5 x 0.6 x 7.8 in
|Date Published||August 1, 2015