Hawaii is home to some of the most spectacular scenery found anywhere on earth. This comprehensive guide includes ninety of the best day hikes on Hawaii's most visited islands—Oahu, Kauai, and Maui. Thirty hikes on each island include the most scenic and interesting features, both favorite tourist areas as well as secluded hikes. Highlights include coastal cliffs, freshwater swimming holes, sea caves, tidepools, panoramic overlooks, and the stark interiors of dormant volcanos. Hiking provides the best, and sometimes the only, access to many of these beautiful natural features.
About the Author:
Since 1991, veteran hiker Robert Stone has been writer, photographer, and publisher of Day Hike Books. Robert has hiked every trail in the Day Hike Book series. With 21 hiking guides in the series, many in their third and fourth editions, he has hiked thousands of miles of trails throughout the western United States and Hawaii. He is an active member of RMOWP (Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers), OWAC (Outdoor Writers Association of California), and a Los Angeles Times best-selling author.
- A range of difficulty levels and scenery is included. All hikes can be completed during the day
- Each hike includes:
- Detailed maps
- Accurate driving and hiking directions
- Distance, time, and elevation statistics
- Summaries to help hikers find a trail appropriate to their ability and desire
- Several overall maps to show the hikes in the greater area
|Date Published||April 1, 2006
|Dimensions||8.5 x 6 x 0.6 inches