Part of NG's coverage for California's Central Sierra Nevada, the Crystal Basin & Silver Fork Trails Illustrated map details the high use recreation areas of Eldorado National Forest stretching from Hell Hole Reservoir and Tahoe National Forest at the North, to Salt Springs Reservoir and Stanislaus National Forest to the South. This popular stretch of the Sierras contains year-round recreation opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts of all interests.
Crystal was developed in cooperation with the Eldorado National Forest Interpretive Association, ensuring the accuracy of information. Coverage Highlights: High Use areas of Eldorado National Forest; Auburn State Recreation Area; Western extent of the Desolation Wilderness; Rubicon Trail; Highway 50 Corridor; Carson-Emigrant National Recreation Trail; Portions of the Pony Express National Historic Trail; Camp Eldorado & Minkalo (BSA); Middle and South Forks of the American River; Rubicon River; Ice House, Union Valley, and Salt Springs Reservoirs; Hiking, Biking, Horse, Multi-Use, OHV, and Snowmobile Trails; Forest Service Roads with Numbers; Public and Private Land Boundaries; UTM and Lat/Lon Grids and Select Waypoints.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, ATV, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries, and wildlife refuges
- Hundreds of points of interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and latitude/longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation
- Detailed road network
- Important safety information and travel tips