The traditional sopaipilla is a well known Southwestern treat! Serve with honey, cinnamon, sugar or powdered sugar for an out of this world dessert! As a fry bread, top with refried beans or your choice of cheese and ground beef for a special Southwestern meal!
- Directions: Empty contents into a large bowl. Add 3/4 cup of warm water; mix in slowly. Fold dough over until smooth. Cover and set aside for ten minutes. Heat about three inches of oil in a pan (350-375 degrees). Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 4 inch squares. Fry until golden on both sides turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve plain or with honey, cinnamon, sugar or powder sugar.
- Serving Suggestions: Fry Bread: Follow above directions but form into 2 inch round balls, rise, then roll out. When frying pop air bubbles to keep from puffing up. Top off with refried beans, meat and cheese.
- Yield and Storage: Makes about 12 servings. Store unopened package in a cool, dry place.
- Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1/12 packet (24g) Servings Per Container: about 12 Amount Per Serving Calories 80 Calories From Fat 0 Total Fat 0g 0% Saturated Fat 0g 0% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 190mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 17g 6% Dietary Fiber <1g 4% Sugars <1g Protein 2g Calcium 4% Iron 6% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Ingredients: Enriched Unbleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Enzyme, Ascorbic Acid, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folate), Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Sugar, Salt.
- Allergen Information: This product contains wheat. This product does not contain peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, or soy. Manufactured in a facility that processes egg, milk, soy, tree nuts and wheat.