Idaho’s boundless recreational opportunities and beautifully varied scenery comes into precise focus on every page of the Idaho Road & Recreation Atlas. Over 50,000 copies have been sold since its introduction in 2005…a level of acceptance that has made this atlas one of the most successful Idaho map products ever. The improvements in the second edition insure its continued success. Benchmark’s field-checked Landscape Maps™ now show ground-cover detail at a very high resolution. It’s easy to see, at a glance, whether an area is forested, cultivated, lava flow, or scrubland. This feature is ideal for the person who wants to know the most about an area being visited beforehand. Benchmark has extensively revised the Boise area metro map and the Recreation Guide has been thoroughly updated. Of course, the atlas still has all of the features people love: page-to-page overlap, a usable GPS grid, and legendary field-checked accuracy.
- Ground cover or vegetation as the base layer, rather than elevation-based color. This brings the Colorado atlas in “base carto” alignment with several titles we’ve done this to in recent years with positive feedback and increased sales.
- New overlay for BLM (yellow) and State (blue) lands, a big plus for hunters.
- Hundreds of edits to road detail & condition and POI data, made as recent as March 2015
- Re-compiled recreation data for every POI and resource contact (parks, field offices).
- A page-pair of destination photos and descriptions that help suggest iconic and out of the way destinations for travelers.