New for 2012, with multiple friction modes and an updated construction, the ATC-XP belay/rappel device is now 30% lighter than the original and has machined windows through the body.
The ATC-XP offers two modes of use so you can give a smooth ride to anyone. Deep, cleated V-grooves provide higher friction for catching heavier climbers or when using smaller ropes in icy conditions. Its thick walls and smooth curves make it incredibly rope friendly. Use the low friction side when belaying lighter climbers, for long rappels on slabs and when you need a little less friction for smoother feeds. Because friction equals heat, the ATC-XP’s swanky gel logos insulate your fingers from skin burning heat during rappels. This is a versatile device that offers a tremendous bite and is perfect for all season use.
- High-friction mode offers 3 times greater hold and stopping power than regular friction mode
- Machined windows through device for weight savings
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught up between ropes
- Versatile design accepts ropes from 7.7 to 11 mm
- Two modes of use for low friction or high friction.
- Thick walls and smooth curves are rope friendly..
- Gel logos insulate fingers from frictional heating.
- Belay / rappel device with exceptional holding power.
- Thick rope bearing radii reduce rope wear.
- **Always read and understand the warnings and instructions that accompany your gear.**
- ***This product is not available for overseas shipment. If you have any questions please contact our friendly staff at 800-499-8696.***
- Same proven geometry—now 30% lighter
- Weight: 2.3 oz / 64g